- They have a lot of vitamin C. 100 grs. provides the recomended amount for a day. Vitamin C is an antioxidant that uplift the immunitary system. Besides this, it's organic acids provides desinfectant and anti-inflammatory effects.
- It's a great help for slimming diets. It's an 85% water and provide only 37 caloríes every 100 grs. Because of it's great water content, it haves diuretics properties.
- Provides vitamin A (5 microgrammes every 100 gr.), vitamin E (0,23 miligrammes every 100 gr.) and other vitamins as B1, B2, B3 and B6 in minor quantities.
- Talking about minerals, strawberries principally provide potassium and magnesium, even though also iron, phosphorus, iodine and calcium.
- Provide great quantities of salicylates, salts that are effectives in the prevention of cardiovascular and degenerative diseases and cancer. People who are allergic to aspirins (that are form by acetylsalicylic acid) must take care in the consume of strawberries because of its possible adverse effects.
- They have 2,2 grs. of fiber every100 grs., that supposes a moderate contribution.
- At last, we can't avoid the great amount of folic acid that have a sixth part of the recommended diary quantity every 200 grms.
Wednesday, 18 September 2013
Properties of the strawberries
Taking into acount that this week i'm posting some recipes with strawberries, either salads and desserts, i have to talk about some properties of the strawberries: